InRuTou Final Conference – materials
The InRuTou Project Final Conference took place in Hotel Bachledówka, near Nowy Targ, Poland on October 16, 2015.
The event brought together partners of two projects: ‘InRuTou – Innovation in Rural Tourism’ and ‘Carpathian University of Participation’ as well as experts and practitioners in the area of rural tourism development. The conference focused on two aspects of Rural Tourism in Mountain Areas – Innovation & Civic Participation and presented an opportunity to further discuss the development of follow-up activities in the pilot communities and by involving other partners and countries of the Carpathians and in other mountain areas.
The event was opened to all interested participants – organizations and individuals engaged in the sustainable development, tourism development and engaging communities. The conference was accompanied by InRuTou Partners Meeting and Study Visit to Polish Piloting Area – an opportunity to experience rural tourism in the Carpathians.
The conference was held in both English and Polish, and simultaneous translation was provided to ensure smooth communication between participants. For this reason, some presentations are in Polish only; for your convenience the language of the presentation is indicated by [EN] or [PL] beside the presentation title.
- InRuTou – Innovation in Rural Tourism. Project Concept and Results [EN] Christian Maurer, IMC University of Applied Sciences in Krems, Austria
- KUP – Carpathian University of Civic Participation. Involving local communities in building their future [PL] Monika Ochwat-Marcinkiewicz, Ecopsychology Association, Poland
- InRuTou. Presentations of local tourism products developed in Italy, Romania, Ukraine and Poland [all in EN]
- KUP. Presentation of tourism initiatives undertaken by local communities in Polish Carpathians: Krynica-Zdrój, Łużna, Przemyśl, Raciechowice, Zarszyn [all in PL]
Thematic Session 1: Innovation [EN] Moderation: Francesco Fedele, SOPHIA Research & Innovation, Italy:
- Entrepreneurship among Bedouin Women in the Negev desert in Israel [PL] Aleksandra Biernacka, ‘Growth Research Unit’ Association, Poland
- Application of GIS technologies and mobile applications in promotion of tourism on mountain areas [PL] Natalia Figiel, PTTK Centre for Mountain Tourism in Krakow, Poland
- Standards of education services – opportunity and challenge of shaping human resources of sustainable economy of Carpathians [PL] Łukasz Lewicki, Vocational Training Centre in Przemyśl, Poland
- Tourism in South Tyrol, Italy – success by combining rurality and innovation [EN] Lena-Marie Lun, European Academy of Bozen/Bolzano (EURAC), Italy
- E-learning and blended learning – innovation practices [EN] Carmen Martins, Bournemouth University, UK
Thematic Session 2: Civic Participation [EN] Moderation: Christian Baumgartner, IMC University of Applied Sciences in Krems, Austria
- Supporting participation of younger and older generations in rural tourism development through Intergenerational Practice [EN] Tamara Mitrofanenko, Interim Secretariat of the Carpathian Convention in Vienna, Austria
- Economic development of environmentally sensitive areas [PL] Tomasz Szczotka, Polish Ecological Club Branch in Krynica Zdrój, Poland
- Partnership in tourism, including protected areas administration [PL] Katarzyna Śliwa-Martinez, ‘Podkarpacie Country’ Life Quality Cluster, Poland
- Sustainable tourism in the Carpathians – participatory development [PL] Bernadetta Zawilińska, The Cracow University of Economics, Poland.